Brighton is a town on the South Coast of Great Britain that celebrates various world-class festivals annually. People come from far and wide to be part of these celebrations. Here are two major festivals in Brighton that are best attended using rented cars:
This festival is the biggest and boldest arts festival in the UK that happens in May of every year. This annual event started in 1965 as a part of the Federation of Brighton Student’s Arts-Rag Week. It enjoyed a record-breaking number of attendees in 2006, with over 500,000 people soaking in the atmosphere.
The Brighton Festival features:
- Children’s parade including pyrotechnics, theatre, music, literature and visual arts throughout the city
- An Artist Open House where artists and craftspeople open their houses for public viewing
- World premiere of new jobs from companies such as DV8 Physical Theatre
- Encouragement of Cross-fertilisation between different art forms such as “Stories in Motion” – 2006, a multimedia collaboration between Chuck Palahniuk, Irvin Welsh and Orbital’s Phil Hartnoll
The Brighton Festival is a creative lavishness of world-class entertainment. Every year, they have artistic guest directors who present and share their contribution in the arts field.
Brighton Fringe is England’s largest festival and one of the biggest Fringe festivals in the world. It is annually held in Brighton, England during May. The festival started in 1967, with a main objective of promoting local artists and the arts. It affords performers the opportunity to become noticed by promoters and later on to go to Edinburgh.
Brighton Fringe features:
- The Professional Development Programme that offers workshops to aspiring performers
- On-street box office – a physical base for arts events and a hub for promoters and performers
- Brighton in the Square, where talents of Brighton Fringe performers are showcased
- Dip your toe project – features performances in six custom-built Victorian Bathing machines
- “Window” – a scheme supported by the Arts Council England showcasing productions suitable for touring
Brighton Fringe is the city’s answer to Edinburgh, offering the perfect complement of cabaret, comedy, classical concerts, club nights, theatre, exhibitions and more from its vast programmes.
These two major festivals are proof that Brighton is a worthy destination to include in your travel plans. You can come with your family and friends to have fun.
Rent a vehicle from Choice Vehicle Rentals to have a comfortable trip to Brighton. We have branches across the UK, including van hire Brighton. For inquiries, call us on 01273 819 303.